Location:Home >> About Us >> History
History
发表时间:2012-11-18  阅读次数:1857次

 

The Department of Electrical Engineering has a long history which can trace back to the year of 1908 when Tang Wenzhi was director of the school and established the Academy of Electric Machines. Among all the national colleges, SJTU was the first to establish the academy of electric machines.

 

 

Period

Events

1908

The Academy of Electric Machines was established(one year for preparation courses and three years for specialized training)

1912

The academy was renamed as Electrical Engineering and Mechanics

1918

Changed the length of schooling from three years to four years

1921

Telecommunication Class of Peking Branch moved to Shanghai and was renamed the discipline of Electric Machines, which included power engineering, wireline telecommunications and wireless telecommunications.

1924

Wireline telecommunications and wireless telecommunications merged as one discipline.

1937

Renamed as the Department of Electric Machines affiliated to the Engineering Academy; Moved to French concessions after 8·13 event.

1940

Enrolled students at Xiao Longkan School in Chong Qing

1943

Xiao Longkan School established telecommunications research institute and enrolled undergraduates of telecommunications. Qualified students would receive master degrees after two years’ study.

1945

Moved back to Shanghai.

1952

Merged abundant resources to form a new department of electric machines of Jiao Tong University. Prescribed department of electric equipment manufacture, power engineering and telecommunications. Schools and departments merged included the Electric Machines Departments of Jiao Tong University, Tong Ji University, Da Tong University, Zheng Dan University , the Telegraph Group of Hu Jiang University, Telecommunications Department of Jiao Tong University, etc.

1954

The length of undergraduate education changed from four years to five years.

1956

The departments of electric equipment manufacture and power engineering launched four years’ graduate programs.

1957

The departments of electric equipment manufacture and power engineering added a branch in Xi’an. Shanghai branch was to be emerged with the newly-constructed Marine Electrical Engineering Department of Shanghai Shipbuilding College and the Electric Machines Department of Nan Yang Science Academy.

1958

The departments of electric equipment manufacture and power engineering in Shanghai emerged. The previous name “Department of Electric Machines” was adopted.

1970

Faculty of the Electric Machines Department and teachers of technological basic courses formed the No.3 Marine Electrical Brigade which included three workshops.

1972

Restored the previous administration and renamed as the Department of Power and Electric Machines. Launched three-year worker-peasant-soldier undergraduate program.

1974

Launched two-year work-peasant-soldier graduate program.

1977

Restored the National Entrance Examination and adopted a four-year undergraduate program.

1978

Relaunched two-and-half-year graduate program; the Electric Machines Department emerged with the Departments of Automation and Computer Science to form the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science; the Department of Power Engineering set three majors: Electric Power System, Electric Machines and High Voltage Technology, which were all affiliated to the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.

1987

The Electrical Power School was established. Four departments and a research institute were included, namely Power Engineering, Electric Machines, Information and Control Engineering and Energy Engineering.

1988

The Electrical Power School started to operate.

1999

The Department of Energy Engineering emerged into the School of Mechanical Power. The Departments of Electric Machines and Power Engineering reformed the Department of Electrical Engineering. The School of Electrical Power included the Department of Electric Engineering and the Department of Information and Control Engineering.

2002

The School of Electrical Power and the School of Electronic Information emerged to form SEIEE. (School of Electronic Information and Electrical Power) The School of Electrical Power became the present Department of Electrical Engineering.

 

Copyright © 2005 版权所有:上海交通大学电气工程系  备案号沪交ICP备2010961   技术支持:维程互联